The following four sections are part of this agreement and disclosed below:
Website Terms and Conditions
Eliances Membership Agreement
Video and Picture Release Form
What we collect
We may collect from you the following information:
* name and job title
* contact information including email address
* demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
* other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
* Internal record keeping.
* We may use the information to improve our products and services.
* From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookies helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operation to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
We provide our members with a multi-tiered message board that makes sharing information with other members easy. To protect your privacy when posting or replying to messages in the message board, your personal information and email is not revealed. However, remember that any information that you disclose in the message board areas can be read by all other members, so exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Our website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alternation of the information under our control. We employ strict security measures to safeguard online transactions; personal information is stored in a secured database and always sent via an encrypted internet channel.
Our site gives users the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us. You can be assured that we never reveal, sell, or make available your email address to anyone for any purpose. This site also gives users the option of removing their information from our database in order to stop receiving communications or our service.
Website Terms and Conditions
(2) License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved and protected by applicable law.
You must not:
(a) republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
(c) show any material from the website in public;
(d) reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose; or
(e) edit or otherwise modify any material on the website.
Unauthorized use of or copying of our website content, trademarks and other proprietary material may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
(3) Acceptable use
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including, without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
(4) Restricted access
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that the password is kept confidential.
You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or password.
You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
You must not use any other person’s user ID and password to access our website unless you have that person’s express permission to do so.
We may disable your user ID and password at any time in our sole discretion with or without notice or explanation.
(5) User content
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit or remove any material submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our website.
(6) Limited warranties
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
(7) Limitations and exclusions of liability
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We agree that in the event damages are awarded, the damages will be limited to the amount of any membership fees you paid to Eliances in the one year period before your cause of action arose.
(13) Exclusion of third party rights
(14) Entire agreement
(15) Law and jurisdiction
(16) About us
The full name of our company is IsaStar, LLC, dba ELIANCES.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(17) Website Etiquette
* Do not share your log-on passwords and user names. Our system is designed to detect this immediately and suspend any account where more than one person signs on using the same username and password.
* No advertising, trading of goods or services, or other commercial use is allowed except in classified ad forums or as otherwise provided on the website. No bulk email, junk mail or spam, chain letters, or repeat postings of the same message is permitted anywhere on the forums.
* Please use your own name when posting to the discussion forums. Do not impersonate anyone else.
* Treat other subscribers with courtesy and respect when posting messages to the forums or discussion groups. No unnecessary name calling or abuse toward any subscriber is allowed.
* Please avoid shouting (using all capital letters) in the discussion forums.
* Do not use vulgarity, obscenity, profanity, ethnic slurs, hate speech, or sexually explicit language, or harass, abuse, or threaten other subscribers in the discussion forums. Do not libel or defame others. This site strongly disapproves flaming.
* When you post content in the discussion forums, you permit this site to display and distribute the content, and to use it for advertising and promotion. You grant to this site the
complete, perpetual, but non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, sub-license, etc., the content in whole or in part, throughout the world and universe, on a royalty-free basis.
* We do not try to edit or to monitor messages posted on the discussion forums, but we reserve the right to edit or remove objectionable postings. The person posting a message is solely responsible for it, not this site. Violators may be permanently banned from using the forums, or even have their subscriptions terminated.
* You agree to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, including, without limitation, all securities laws.
(18) Limitation of Liability
THIS SITE PROVIDES THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THIS WEBSITE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THIS SITE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND ON THE SITE FORUMS AND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE FORUMS AND ANY DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FOUND ON OR THROUGHOUT THE SITE FORUMS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER OR DATA THAT RESULTS.
ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS SITE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE USE OF PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERROR, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ITS SERVER WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS SITE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF THIS SITE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PREVENTS THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SUCH EXCLUSION DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT LIMITED BY LAW.
ELIANCES MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT (applicable to those that are accepted as a member and registered as one)
This MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT, hereto referred to as “Agreement,” is entered into as of the date set forth below by and between IsaSTAR, LLC, dba ELIANCES (“ELIANCES” or “We” or “Us”), and that person or entity that completes an online application to become a member of ELIANCES and which application is accepted by ELIANCES (“You” or “Member”). Upon receipt of your Membership Fee, as defined below, You will be enrolled as a member of ELIANCES. Upon enrollment, You agree to the terms and conditions set forth below.
1. Membership Benefits. You may select from four types of memberships in ELIANCES. These membership categories include Chairman, President, Director and Associate. The nature of the benefits applicable to each type of membership are set forth on the ELIANCES website under the tab Membership Benefits (“Program Website”). At the present time there is no charge for the Associate level membership. The benefits You will receive from ELIANCES will depend on the membership category You select on the ELIANCES membership application. Not all benefits are available for each type of membership. You agree to review the Program Website for additional details and limitations. We reserve the right to suspend or end a program or benefit, or modify a program or benefit, or certain aspects thereof, without prior notice, in our sole discretion.
2. Use of Membership. Your membership is not transferrable. You agree that only You may use your membership. Benefits are not for resale. You will promptly notify Us if You become aware of any unauthorized use of your membership.
3. Membership Term. Your membership is effective under the monthly payment plan a period of one (1) month following your membership enrollment date and will continue on a month-to-month basis until you cancel your membership or we may cancel at our discretion with our without reason, as described below.
4. Amount and Payment of Membership Fee. The amount of your initial membership fee will be set forth on your membership Application and will vary based on the type of membership which you select. The payment of your membership fee, as well as any enrollment or processing fees, shall be made automatically by a direct charge to the payment source authorized by You on your membership application (“Payment Source”) in accordance with the payment terms to which You agreed. If your Payment Source cannot process the membership fee due to insufficient available credit or funds, We may, at our discretion, divide the total membership fee into incremental charges in order to process the total membership fee.
5. Promotional Membership Fee. From time to time, in our sole discretion, We may provide a reduced membership fee, for a promotional period, to first time or other selected persons. If You are provided with such a promotional reduction in your membership fee (“Promotional Membership Fee”), your Payment Source will be charged the Promotional Membership Fee for the promotional period. You agree that any such reduced price is only valid for the promotional period established by Us, and that the regular applicable periodic membership will be charged to your Payment Source following the end of the promotional period. Terms of the Promotional Membership Fee, including the duration and amount of the Promotional Membership Fee, may vary from time to time.
6. Continuation or Renewal of Membership. Unless You notify Us that You wish to terminate this Membership Agreement and cancel your membership by following the instructions in the paragraph below titled “Termination of Membership,” your membership will continue or renew automatically, and You will be charged the then-current membership fee which will appear on your Payment Source statement, depending upon how You enrolled. This is known as a continuity plan. For Monthly Payment Plan Memberships: We reserve the right to increase or decrease your Membership Fee, or add new fees and charges, from time to time. You agree that, unless You cancel your membership prior to the effective date of such change, You authorize Us to charge the new applicable period Membership Fee to your Payment Source. You are solely responsible for any and all fees charged to your Payment Source by the issuer, bank or financial institution including, but not limited to, membership, overdraft, insufficient funds and over the credit limit fees.
7. Notice of Price Change. We will send You advance written notice of all changes to your Membership Fee that vary from the amount You previously authorized. Should You not wish to pay this amount, please call or email Us to cancel your membership.
10. Consent to Electronic Communications. You consent to receive communications from Us about your membership electronically, either by email or by notices posted on the Program Website, as determined by Us in our sole discretion. You agree that any requirement that a notice, disclosure, agreement, or other communication be sent to You by Us in writing is satisfied by such electronic communication. You agree that We may send You emails which include notices about your membership as well as information pertaining to the program and services, such as featured products/services or new offerings. You agree that this information is part of your membership with Us.
11. Confidential Information.
(a) You agree not to share any information in the members’ only section of the ELIANCES website, or any information that is disseminated to You that is designated confidential or “for Members’ only” or disclose any of the information in them or that You receive from ELIANCES to any third party without ELIANCES’ prior written consent. You also agrees not to use any of the nonpublic information and advice obtained from the ELIANCES’ website or that you receive from ELIANCES in any other manner to benefit any third party without ELIANCES’ prior written consent.
(b) ELIANCES, however, agrees that nothing in this Agreement shall prohibit You from disclosing the nonpublic information received by You from ELIANCES (referred to herein as “Confidential Information”) to the following persons after advising them that they may not disclose the Confidential Information to anyone else or use the Confidential Information for any purpose other than to provide services to You: (i) any of your employees who need the Confidential Information to perform their duties for You; (ii) attorneys who need the Confidential Information to perform legal services for You; or (iii) any accountants or tax advisors who need the Confidential Information to perform accounting or tax services for You.
(c) ELIANCES also agrees that nothing stated herein shall prohibit You from disclosing the nonpublic information that you receive from ELIANCES to a third party pursuant to a subpoena or other lawful process or in response to a request made by a governmental agency. You, however, agree to notify ELIANCES immediately if You receive a subpoena from a governmental agency or other third party seeking documents or information which relates to ELIANCES. You also agree to notify ELIANCES immediately if You receive any other written or oral request from a governmental agency for any documents or information relating to ELIANCES. You also agree to provide ELIANCES with a copy of any such subpoena or written request at least ten (10) business days before disclosing any information or documents relating to ELIANCES to any governmental agency or other third party.
12. Nature of Relationship. You agree that the services and advice provided by ELIANCES under this Agreement do not give rise to any fiduciary duties ELIANCES would owe You and that nothing in this Agreement is intended to make either party an agent, joint venture partner, partner, employee, employer, or servant of the other party.
13. Disclaimers. The Program Site and all software, services, information, materials, forums, tools and content provided or offered on the Program Site are provided or offered by ELIANCES and its third party licensors and content providers on an “as-is” “as-available” basis, without representation or warranty of any kind by ELIANCES including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose. Without limiting the foregoing statement, ELIANCES cannot and does not vouch for the quality, accuracy, completeness, or currentness of any content or information sold or provided through the Program Site.
14. Applicable Law. We agree that this Agreement shall be governed, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona without regard to any conflict of law principles that might otherwise require the law of another state or jurisdiction to be applied.
(a) The term “ELIANCES” means IsaSTAR, LLC, dba ELIANCES and its current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors, assigns, joint ventures, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, advisory board members and independent contractors;
(b) All possessive, masculine, feminine, neuter, singular or plural words shall include the others; and
(c) All conjunctive and disjunctive words shall include the others.
(a) We agree that every provision in this Agreement shall be construed simply according to its fair meaning.
(b) You acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to seek legal advice about the terms in this Agreement before signing it. You acknowledge and agree that if any provision of this Agreement requires interpretation by any arbitrator, arbitration panel, or court, such arbitrator, arbitration panel, or court shall not construe any provision in this Agreement against ELIANCES on the ground that ELIANCES drafted it.
17. Entire Agreement.
(a) We agree that this Agreement contains the parties’ entire agreement and understanding regarding the matters set forth herein, and that it supersedes all prior oral or written agreements or understandings with respect to the subjects covered herein.
(b) You hereby represent and agree that he has not relied on any statement, representation, or information, which is not contained in this Agreement as a basis for entering into it.
18. Headings. We agree that the headings contained in this Agreement are for reference purposes only and that they are not intended to describe, interpret, define or limit the scope, extent, or intent of the parties.
19. Severability. We agree that, whenever possible, each provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted in such a manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law. We agree, however, that if any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court, arbitrator, or arbitration panel, such finding shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision in this Agreement.
20. Survival. We agree that all of the provisions in this Agreement shall survive its termination and shall be binding upon their successors, heirs, permitted assigns, and legal representatives.
21. Dispute Resolution.
(a) We agree to arbitrate every dispute, controversy or claim, including any claims for punitive damages (referred to collectively as a “Claim”), that arises out of or relates, directly or indirectly, to this Agreement with the rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). We agree that if any rule of the AAA should conflict with the provisions in this Agreement the provisions in this Agreement shall apply.
(b) We further agree and understand that: (1) all parties are authorized to serve each other with a written notice to arbitrate a Claim in the manner provided in paragraph 16, below; (2) any party served with a notice to arbitrate a Claim shall file his or its appearance with the AAA in Phoenix, Arizona and submit himself or itself voluntarily to the jurisdiction of the AAA in Phoenix, Arizona within 30 days after receiving a written notice to arbitrate a Claim; (3) the venue for all arbitration hearings, pre-hearing arbitration hearings or conferences, which relate to a Claim shall be in the city of Phoenix, Arizona, and the parties hereby waive any rights that they might otherwise have to have any arbitration hearing or pre-arbitration hearing or conference held anywhere else; (4) the parties’ rights and opportunities to conduct discovery, subpoena documents, take depositions, and subpoena witnesses to testify at an arbitration hearing may be less than the rights or opportunities they would have to conduct discovery, subpoena documents, take depositions, or subpoena witnesses to testify at a trial in a court of law; (5) the parties hereby waive any rights they have to have a jury decide the facts relating to a Claim; (6) the arbitrator or arbitration panel will not be required to make any findings of fact or provide any legal basis for their award; (7) arbitration awards are final and binding upon the parties, without any right of appeal, and any rights the parties might have to seek a modification of an arbitration award or to have it vacated are limited; (8) the parties agree to arbitrate all Claims even when a non-party who has or may have an interest in the case refuses or fails to submit himself to the jurisdiction of the AAA in Phoenix, Arizona or any witness refuses or cannot be compelled to testify at the hearing; (9) You also agree that You may not file a class action against ELIANCES or participate as a member of a class in any class action filed by anyone else, which relates to a Claim; (10) the parties further agree that the arbitrator or arbitration panel shall enter an arbitration award against any party who fails to file an appearance or submit himself or itself to the jurisdiction of the AAA in Phoenix, Arizona within 30 days after receiving written notice to arbitrate a Claim for the amount of money and any other relief sought; (11) the parties also agree that the arbitrator or arbitration panel shall enter an arbitration award against any party who fails to comply with any AAA rule or order, which the arbitrator or arbitration panel finds delayed the resolution of the case in an unreasonable manner for the amount of money and any or other relief sought; and (12) any award entered on behalf either party may be confirmed by any court of competent jurisdiction and the court shall enter a judgment thereon.
(c) The parties agree that any Claim filed by either party to recover any losses or damages of any kind or to obtain any equitable relief brought under any statute, rule, regulation,
ordinance, or principles of common law must be filed within one-year after the applicable cause or causes of action accrued or such Claim shall be barred forever.
(d) We also agree that the arbitrator or arbitration panel assigned by the AAA to decide each Claim shall be authorized to decide all questions raised about whether any punitive Claim is one the parties agreed to arbitrate under the terms of this Agreement.
(e) The parties have agreed to arbitrate all Claims, but if any party should file a lawsuit that relates in any way to a claim, the parties agree that it must be filed before a court located in Phoenix, Arizona. Provided, however, the parties agree that any lawsuit filed to confirm an arbitration award and have judgment entered thereon may be filed before any court of competent jurisdiction.
(f) The parties agree that except for the initial filing fees incurred by the parties to the arbitration proceeding, which shall be paid by the respective filing party, all other fees incurred in the arbitration proceeding on a pro rata basis. ELIANCES, its manger, members, officers, employees, attorneys, accountants, and agents shall constitute one party for purposes of this provision. Each party involved in the arbitration proceeding shall pay their own attorneys’ fees, costs, expert witness fees and any other expenses related to the arbitration proceeding. The parties agree that the arbitrator or arbitration panel shall have no authority to award punitive or exemplary damages against any party to the arbitration proceeding.
(g) The parties further agree that both ELIANCES and You waive any claim for punitive or exemplary damages that arise out of or relates directly or indirectly to (i) this Agreement; (ii) the content set forth on the ELIANCES website; or (iii) any acts or omissions of the parties which relate to ELIANCES’ services or any advice or recommendations ELIANCES has provided or failed to provide to You.
(h) You agree that if ELIANCES should be found liable for any losses or damages that You have sustained, ELIANCES shall be limited to the amount of membership fees you paid ELIANCES for the 12-month period immediately preceding the date of the event that caused the damages.
The parties agree that:
(a) Any notice that must be given in writing by one party to the other pursuant to any provision of this Agreement shall be made by certified mail, return receipt requested as follows:
(i) If to ELIANCES: (ii) If to You, at the address set
forth on your Membership
P. O. 13292 Application
Scottsdale, AZ 85267
(b) Any notice shall be deemed received as of the second business day after it was mailed. For purposes of this Agreement, a business day is any day which does not fall on a weekend or a federal holiday.
(c) The parties may provide each other with a new address for giving written notice to each other by the methods prescribed in subparagraph (a), above.
23. Electronic Execution.
We agree that this Agreement may be executed electronically on a computer and that any such electronic signature shall be binding on each party to the Agreement.
24. Use of ELIANCES WEBSITE.
Depending on your membership level, during the term of your membership you may have access to the ELIANCES WEBSITE and may be able to post information about yourself and your business. You may also be able to communicate with and obtain information about other members of ELIANCES. You represent, warrant and agree that your use of the services provided by ELIANCES and your use of the ELIANCES WEBSITE shall not:
(a) contain fraudulent information or make fraudulent offers of items or involve the sale or attempted sale of counterfeit or stolen items whose sales and/or marketing is prohibited by applicable law, or otherwise promote other illegal activities;
(b) be part of a scheme to defraud other Members or other users of the website or for any other unlawful purpose;
(c) infringe or otherwise abet or encourage the infringement or violation of any third party’s copyright, patent, trademarks, trade secret or other proprietary right or rights of publicity or other legitimate rights;
(d) impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
(e) violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation those governing consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising;
(f) contain information that is defamatory, libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
(g) contain information that is obscene or contain or infer any pornography or sex-related merchandising or any other content or otherwise promotes sexually explicit materials or is otherwise harmful to minors;
(h) promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
(i) contain any material that constitutes unauthorized advertising or harassment (including but not limited to spamming) invades anyone’s privacy or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or regulation;
(j) involve any attempts to copy, reproduce, exploit or expropriate ELIANCES’ various proprietary directories, databases and listings;
(k) involve any computer viruses or other destructive devises and codes that have the effect of damaging, interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any software or hardware system, data or person information, and;
(l) involve any scheme to undermine the integrity of the computer systems or networks used by ELIANCES and/or any user of the Service and no Member shall attempt to gain unauthorized access to such computer systems or networks;
(n) otherwise create any liability for ELIANCES or its affiliates.
25. Use of ELIANCES’ Marks.
ELIANCES is a registered trademark of IsaSTAR, LLC (Serial No. 86172523) (the “Mark”). You are authorized to use the ELIANCES mark to promote your membership in ELIANCES and for no other purpose. You agree to comply with any trademark useage guidelines that we may issue from time to time. If your membership with ELIANCES is terminated, you shall immediately cease using the ELIANCES trademark.
26. Member Acknowledgement.
You understand that ELIANCES is not a venture fund, investment bank, broker/dealer, investment clearinghouse, investment portal, or any other form of investment advisor or otherwise, and is not registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission or any state securities commission. ELIANCES does not provide advice, recommendation, or any other indication of appropriateness or inappropriateness for a particular investment. ELIANCES does not endorse any investment opportunity and makes no independent investigation to verify information provided by members, and makes no representation or warranty regarding the same. You must conduct your own analysis and due diligence to determine the appropriateness of any investment You make in any company to which you are introduced through ELIANCES. As a result, You recognize and agree that neither ELIANCES nor its representatives or agents are responsible or liable for any investment decision You make as a result of being a member of ELIANCES. The choice to use and the manner of utilization of information and knowledge gained through ELIANCES is my individual and personal choice. I understand that any purchase of equity or other investment transaction shall be without involvement of, or participation by ELIANCES. I understand that ELIANCES’ meetings are not an offer to sell or solicitation to buy any security by ELIANCES or any other entity.
You further acknowledge that ELIANCES does not:
(i) conduct background checks on any member, mentor, advisory council individual or guest;
(ii) endorse any product or service offered by any member, guest or anyone affiliated with ELIANCES, including whether ELIANCES follows them on on-line social networks or not;
(iii) conduct any research on any product or service offered by any member, guest or anyone affiliated with ELIANCES;
(iv) receive any compensation from, or take an interest in, any business transaction engaged in by any member or guest; however, ELIANCES may receive advertising revenue from its sponsor;
(v) make any warranty or statements that information You share within any meetings or events is kept confidential or that others attending may keep information confidential;
(vi) endorse any political candidate, support any political agenda or promote any organization soliciting for a cause;
You agree to conduct your own due diligence before conducting business with any other ELIANCES’ member or guest. ELIANCES makes no representation or warranty with respect to any such business relationships.
27. Release and Indemnity.
You agree to release, waive, discharge, defend, indemnify and hold ELIANCES, its subsidiaries, affiliates, managers, members, officers, employees, agents, representatives, members and other third parties harmless from all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) on account of any claim, suit, action, demand, or proceeding made or brought against any such party, or on account of the investigation, defense or settlement thereof, arising from or in connection with your membership in ELIANCES, your use of the ELIANCES website, your attendance at any ELIANCES’ event, and/or your violation of this Membership Agreement and any rules promulgated by ELIANCES for its members. You hereby forever for yourself, your heirs, executors and administrators absolve, release and waive any and all liability, claims or demands against ELIANCES, its managers, members, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, representatives and each and every member of ELIANCES which may arise out of, or be related to, any injury, damage, or pecuniary loss by reason of your membership or participation in any ELIANCES’ event or member activity.
Video and Picture Release Form
I have been informed that Isastar LLC, DBA ‘Eliances’ and their Video Producer may be capturing video and/or pictures at Eliances events. I hereby grant permission to the rights of my image, likeness and sound of my voice as recorded on audio or video tape without payment or any other consideration. I understand that my image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image or recording. I also understand that this material may be used in diverse educational settings within an unrestricted geographic area. By agreeing to this release I understand this permission signifies that photographic or video recordings of me may be electronically displayed via the Internet and/or print. There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed. By agreeing to this form I acknowledge that I have completely read and fully understand the above release and agree to be bound thereby. I hereby release any and all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material for educational purposes.
Experiences (events) Guidelines
Our platform is to provide a positive forum for businesses to launch, grow, and expand. We expect all members and guests to be maintain professionalism at all times, be truthful, supportive, and ethical. Please refrain from the following:
Solicit funds or donations for any cause, candidate, etc; whether for profit or not for profit**
Solicit for another similar or like type of Eliances organization
Pass out any information or business cards during the intros*. You may pass out business cards before or after the intros.
Leaving piles of cards, brochures, promotional items, etc. anywhere in or outside the room*
Go beyond 60 seconds for the intro*
Make political, religious, ethnic, sexual or controversial statements
SkySong offices, hallways, sitting areas for meetings are prohibited. Please do not use the kitchen areas for taking coffee at SkySong. You may use the 1st floor lobby, deli, or anywhere else outside of SkySong.
* Excludes Elianceships that have one of our business development packages pre-arranged and VIP ticket holders.
** You are responsible for following all city, state, and federal laws.